Kokopelli Nirvana Self-Bailer Packraft
The Nirvana Self-Bailing is Kokopelli’s go-to whitewater packraft. Enjoy carving into eddies and surfing your favorite holes. Engineered with a narrow trim, aggressive rocker on the bow, and a large-volume stern, the Nirvana performs best in Class I – Class III.
We’ve engineered this whitewater packraft to be packed with features like our first-in-class 840d DuPontTM Kevlar® Aramid-Nylon Blend* floor system, Mil-Spec Webbing D-Rings for strapping down gear, and optional TiZip storage compartment.
The perfect blend of durability and stability, the Nirvana Self-Bailing will keep you charging down even the rowdiest rapids. The Self-Bailing design excels at minimizing weight, setup complexity, is easier for constant scouting, and is faster for self-rescue when compared to a Spraydecked packraft.
It performs best in Class I-III rivers and (new for 2020) features our 840d DuPontTM Kevlar® Aramid-Nylon Blend* reinforced floor system. Weighing 9.7lbs (4.4kgs) and packing down to the size of a sleeping bag, the Nirvana is perfect for whitewater, backcountry trips, hiking, bikepacking, and multi-day adventures.
*DuPontTM and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours. and Company.
New for 2020
The Nirvana Self-Bailing has several very exciting updates for 2020, check them out in detail below!
- Floor material changed to our first-in-class 840d DuPontTM Kevlar® Aramid-Nylon Blend* reinforced floor system from 840d Nylon-TPU, giving you increased durability on the water.
- External D-Rings changed from 0.75in (1.9cm) Nylon Webbing to 1in (2.5cm) Mil-Spec Webbing. Changed across all 2020 boats to improve durability over the life of the d-ring and increase the strength of the d-ring for attaching heavier loads.
- 3-Point Thigh-Strap attachment points changed from 0.75in (1.9cm) Nylon Webbing to 1in (2.5cm) Stainless Steel D-Rings (bound by 1in (2.5cm) Mil-Spec Webbing). Redesigned to improve Thigh-Strap retention, ease of installation, durability, and tension against the legs. Compatible with the 3-Point Thigh-Strap Kit (2020) or NRS 2-Point Thigh-Straps.
- Added 2x (left and right) Internal 1in (2.5cm) Mil-Spec Webbing D-Rings*. Designed for lashing Delta Inflatable Drybags or other drybags to prevent movement in challenging rapids. *Available on TiZip equipped Nirvana packrafts only.
- Drain-Holes are now reinforced with a second layer of 840d Aramid Fiber-TPU to prevent potential tears from spreading if the drain-hole is caught by a stick.
- Compression Straps changed from 0.75in (1.9cm) Nylon Webbing to 1in (2.5cm) Mil-Spec Webbing.
- New EVA Backband offering greater support, comfort, and a small-pocket for that clutch-Snickers.
CONSTRUCTION & MATERIAL
Durability and performance are pivotal, which is why the Nirvana is built from our toughest lightweight material. It features our 210d TPU-Nylon sidewalls and proprietary 840d DuPontTM Kevlar® Aramid-Nylon Blend* floor system.
The seams are first stitched and then welded with double-reinforced 1in (2.5cm) wide seam tape. Additionally, the pontoon-to-floor attachment point is glued to the sidewall and then reinforced with v-seam tape around the entire interior of the packraft.
Whitewater Series packrafts also have an additional 3in (7.6cm) of floor material coverage on the sidewalls for extra reinforcement and protection.
The Inflatable Floor with Integrated Seat is made from 210 denier Diamond-Ripstop Nylon and uses a Leafield D7 valve. Starting at 7in (17.9cm) thick in the seat area, the floor tapers to 4in (10.2cm) thick from the knees to the bow. This keeps you comfortable, improves paddling position, and allows for deeper, more efficient paddle strokes.
For the main pontoon, the Nirvana features a Leafield D7 valve, the most durable valve on the planet. The same valve as used in all full-size rafts, the Leafield is made from roto-molded plastic and is threaded and screwed together, not welded or glued. Meaning your valve will never come un-welded or fall apart. The Leafield D7 also easily integrates with the Packraft Pump or our Inflation Tube, and Inflation Bag.
SHAPE & DESIGN
The Nirvana features two-chambers (Inflatable Floor with Integrated Seat + full-pontoon) for added safety, a moderate trim, aggressive rocker on the bow, and a large-volume stern.
Combined with the extra-large 12 in (30 cm) diameter pontoons and higher floor-to-sidewall attachment point, the Nirvana Self-Bailing is perfect for crushing whitewater and hauling gear safely.
The adjustable kayak-style EVA Backband offers superior back-support while increasing paddling power. Leave the backband at home to cut weight.
Compared to a spraydeck-sprayskirt system, the self-bailing design has several advantages. This includes reduced weight, easier recovery, faster accessibility for scouting, or in and out extreme-low-water sections.
3-POINT THIGH-STRAP SYSTEM INTEGRATION
All Whitewater Series packrafts have our innovative 3-Point Thigh-Strap System. When combined with the optional 3-Point Thigh-Strap Kit it provides the paddler additional control over the packraft. The additional control allows the paddler to fully engage their core and leg muscles, which is especially important on challenging whitewater. For more advanced paddlers, they also present the opportunity to roll your packraft like a traditional kayak.
There are four strategically placed 1in (2.5cm) Mil-Spec Webbing D-Rings on the front of the packraft and two on the stern. Securely store your gear with our Delta Deck Pack, attach your bike to your packraft, or run a safety-line.
NOTE: Always follow the Clean Lines Principles.
Do you need more storage space? Add our 21in (53cm) TiZip, an airtight watertight zipper, to increase storage space and give you access to the inside of your packraft pontoons.
The TiZip compartment is perfect for protecting your gear and keeping centre of gravity low.
Please see the images for full model specifications.
NOTE: Please note that Kokopelli Packrafts are special orders so may take approximately 1.5 weeks to dispatch. Manufacturer stock levels may vary.